It’s no secret that our friends and family significantly influence what we eat. Put simply, weight loss (or obesity) is contagious.
If we have a cold we know about best practices like washing our hands, coughing into our elbows, or even wearing a mask to help reduce infection among others. But what about weight loss best practices?
How Losing Weight Helps Others
Each of us influences the weight of several other people. Take a moment to think about how your food choices could help those around you. Do you:
- Help select restaurants with good menus for power-ups?
- Stock the pantry with whole foods?
- Keep healthy snacks available?
- Ask for part of your meal to-go?
- Serve high-fiber, high-water foods first?
People might start wanting to hang out with you because you make them skinny!
Remember: Friends don’t let friends diet hungry!