Maybe you’re a mother of 12 packing for Disneyland. Or some frat boy practicing for a fist pump competition in Destin. Maybe you’re both. I’m not sure how that would work, but please leave me a comment if that’s you.
Here are some tips for keeping things healthy during a Spring Break trip:
- Make an effort to eat healthy and exercise the week before Spring Break. This will give you some room to indulge over the holiday.
- Eat a healthy breakfast before you leave the house. Don’t get in the car/plane hungry.
- Don’t pack your problem foods as snacks, if you’re wanting to eat healthy.
- Plan your meals ahead of time. Look for exciting restaurants on your route that offer healthy menu choices. Don’t wait until Burger Barn is the only choice for 200 miles.
- Don’t eat something “just because” it’s Spring Break. If another bite doesn’t even sound good, don’t eat it.
- Take advantage of opportunities to be active.
- Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration. Keep in mind that many calorie beverages actually dehydrate you.
- Have fun, but enjoy unhealthy foods when you’re in control…not during a feeding frenzy.
In conclusion, to get you in the road trip spirit, I’d like to close with a question…
“Are we there yet?????”