These deliciously sweet homemade breakfast bars are the perfect start to your day. Pair them with a smoothie (such as the Blueberry Flax Smoothie) and you're good to go! They're also a wonderful option for a healthy dessert.
1 cup raspberries (frozen)
1/3 cup Florida Crystals Organic Sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup white flour unbleached
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup oats (Old Fashioned)
6 tablespoons Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan.
- Thaw raspberries and puree in blender.
- In a small pot combine the raspberries, Florida crystals, and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes stirring regularly. Set aside to cool while following next steps.
- Mix together the flours, baking soda, salt, and oats. Now add the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press dry mixture into pan. Top with raspberry mixture. I like to leave a slight edge around the pan so it doesn’t stick to the sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting bars to ensure raspberry mixture is firm.
|Total time||50 min|
Serving Size: 1 Bar