This nutty take on broccoli is the perfect accompaniment to any Italian dish.
4 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup pecans , pecan halves
3 cloves garlic , minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese , optional
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse and trim the broccoli and put in a bowl. Blanch if you like it tenderer.
- Add olive oil, garlic, salt, pecans, and broccoli to mixing bowl.
- Mix, toss, stir.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Dish out.
- Optionally shave fresh parmesan on top.
|Total time||15 min|
Serving Size: 1 cup
This recipe was analyzed without the cheese. If you would like to make it even more low fat, you can reduce the amount of oil, leave the cheese off, and may even reduce the amount of nuts if you'd like.