PART 4 – THE DETAILS FOR “ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH TO LOSE WEIGHT?”
Now let’s get into some of the details of the program Are You Eating Enough to Lose Weight?.
- This is an eight-session program with each session lasting about 50 minutes.
- We recommend that you run the sessions once each week, but if you decide to do the program twice a week, allow at least three days between sessions.
- The program works for any size group. Because participants break up into groups of three for a large portion of each session, they still get a small-group experience even in a larger group setting. If you haven’t facilitated a program before, you might want to start with a smaller group (5-20 people).
- If you have a smaller group, we recommend that the group sit in a circle without a table because it’s been our experience that a table encourages side conversations, distractions and less small group sharing.
- If you have a larger group, just be sure to have a setup so that the participants can easily get together into groups of three. Depending on the size of the group, you might also need to consider using a microphone, but other than that possibility, no special equipment is needed.
OK. Let’s take a look at what’s in the Facilitator Kit.
- The first and most important item is the Facilitator Guide. This script guides you through your facilitator role, word-for-word. Every session lists any additional items you’ll need, gives you some notes and encouragement for the session as well as an e-mail reminder that you can send out to participants before each session.
- The kit also includes the Participant Guide, which is the main piece that participants use each session. It has lots of colorful pictures that are engaging and help the participants learn in a way that’s memorable.
- You get The Full Plate Diet book, a New York Time’s Bestseller. This is the book that started it all. It’s a quick read with lots of pictures and is filled with easy-to-implement information.
- You get an audio version of The Full Plate Diet book that you can listen to in the car or while you’re keeping busy around the house.
- You get a Full Plate Diet Fiber Guide, which lists the fiber grams and calorie counts for more than 500 foods and beverages. The ones highlighted in blue are Full Plate Diet Superfoods.
- And you get a Marketing Packet along with a Welcome Email that gives you access to:
Updates on new Program materials and resources as they become available, and
Professionally designed materials to promote your programs. These include things like:
- A postcard announcement that you can mail
- Flyers of various sizes
- A news release, and
- Print and Email announcements
All of this is included in the Facilitator Kit. The Participant Kit includes the same items minus the Facilitator Guide and marketing packet. The price for a Facilitator Kit is $79 and the Participant Kit is $49.
Now let’s shift gears and talk about how to get your Program started.
Included in your Marketing Packet and Welcome Email is a Getting Started Form which walks you step-by-step through the planning process. It gives you a planning timeline as well as suggestions for determining the price of your program.
We highly recommend you start with a Free Information Session.
- It lasts about 40 minutes and allows people a chance to experience what the program is like. They’ll actually get to learn the basics of the program before making a commitment in time and money.
- The Free Information Session helps the Program sell itself. So if you don’t like the idea of “selling” don’t worry, because you’ll never feel like you are.
- The Welcome Email includes a link to the Free Information Session Facilitator and Participant Guides. You can personalize these and print off as many as you need.
- At the end of the Free Information Session, people are given an opportunity to register. A registration form is included on the last page of the Participant Handout. They can just rip it off and turn it in with whatever fees you’re collecting. The registration form is for your use only---you don’t need to turn them in to us.
- After your Free Information Session, you can place your order online at FullPlateLiving.org or call us at 888-221-8892.
- It’s best to place your order at least 7 days prior to the start date of your program
So whether you’ll be holding a Program in your business, church, medical practice, community center, or even your home, a great way to get people engaged is to start with a no-risk, Free Information Session.
The Marketing Packet includes materials to promote the Free Information Session as well as the eight-week program itself.
I hope this training has helped you to feel more comfortable about facilitating our program. If you have any questions, please call us at 888-221-8892 or email us at [email protected]
Thank you for joining us in our mission by sharing this program with others!